December 2014 update
See also Regular Events and
|CHRISTMAS EVE CRIB SERVICE
Wednesday 24 December 2014, 4pm at Suckley Church|
- Services at Suckley Church are
on Sundays at varying times - see details above or notices locally for
details. The Team Vicar is the Reverend Andrew Bullock (01886 832355).
The churchwarden is Mrs Anne Lewis,
the church secretary is Professor Richard Lewis and the treasurer is Mrs Diana
Holloway. A parish magazine called The Sphere is published
monthly, shared with the neighbouring parishes of Bransford, Alfrick, Lulsley
and Leigh. The magazine is edited by Mrs Peggy Johnson, assisted by Mrs
- Bell Ringing practices
are held on the first, second and fourth Wednesdays of each month, from
7:30 - 9pm at the church. The Bell Tower Captain is Mrs. Linda Taylor (884280).
- One-eyed Investment Club meets once a month at The Nelson Inn. Experienced and inexperienced
investors welcome. Not too serious, but the members aim to make a profit (eventually!).
For more details or to attend the next meeting as an observer, contact
Jonathan Wilkinson on 884550.
- Suckley and Alfrick Pre-School at The Hop Kilns, Suckley (9am-3pm, Tues, Weds, Thurs, term-time only)
for pre-school children aged two and over. Contact Jo Hall at www.thepreschool.org.uk
- Suckley Hops (for mothers, babies and toddlers) meets at Suckley Village Hall on Thursdays, 10.30-12noon.
Details from Sarah Tsiquaye, 832635.
- Suckley and District Pony and Youth Club is a group of young local people of mixed ages who meet and make
friends with people of similar interests. They meet every other Tuesday
evening from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Suckley Harriers Junior Football Club (6-11 year olds - Primary School age) meet Saturdays, 10:30am-12noon,
using the all-weather pitch at Suckley playing fields. Cost: £1 per
- Yoga Class at Suckley Village
Hall - contact Barbara Wall